It is impossible to find a student, who has never heard of a 500 word essay. As you get from its name, it is an essay, which should consist of 500 words. Some students call it disastrous, others – enjoyable and fun. However, it is impossible to find indifferent students.
Unfortunately, not all students take this format seriously, as they think the shorter the essay is, the simpler it is to write it. However, you need to fit your thoughts into a limited amount of words, which is usually more difficult than having 1000 words or even more.
Apart from such a challenge, you should also fight side distractions and choose proper topics, which will motivate you along the way. If you are not sure whether you will succeed, you can turn to our writing service or download examples of 500 word essays to understand its structure.
Guidelines on writing a 500 word essay
- Outline. Make a plan of the things, which you find relevant and want to include to your work. You can add or delete items during the writing process, adjusting the outline to your needs;
- Introduction. Make a description of essay’s subject, explaining what issues you want to focus on. Remember that your introduction is a sort of a door, so make the reader want to open it and come in;
- Body paragraphs. It is the biggest and the most important part of your essay, where you describe and develop all the points. Base all of your arguments and thoughts on credible data, reliable details and statistics. All these sources will make your text credible and comprehensive;
- Conclusion. The final section of your essay should contain a thesis restatement, summary of body paragraphs and prognosis for the future. Try to challenge readers and make them discover the topic further;
- Style. The best part of writing is that every author has a unique style. We use our own approaches, language combinations and phrases, which cannot be compared with others. That is why you should always be yourself and make your style simple. However, it should correspond with the topic. A 500 word essay is quite brief, so try to put your poetical soul aside and concentrate on facts;
- Proofreading. Put your essay aside for a while and then give it a fresh look. Check it on possible spelling, grammar and syntax mistakes. Imagine that you are one of the readers: evaluate your essay and think whether it meets the initial goal. Polish your essay until you are completely satisfied with the result;
- Plagiarism. You probably know that copying someone’s works or their parts is illegal and considered a crime. You not only risk being caught and suspended but also fail to be a responsible and honest person. Of course, you may need someone’s ideas if you lack your own but don’t forget to quote and mention other works. If you doubt whether your essay is original, use plagiarism software and check your paper on uniqueness.
The best part of the tips we have mentioned above is that you can use them with other types of assignments, including custom papers, reports, research papers and much more.
Once you master all our guidelines and sharpen your writing skills, you can take it to the next level, applying for scholarships or becoming an academic writer.
Need a professional assistance?
It often happens that even a small task like a 500 essay is out of place. Students have no free time, lack motivation or simply can’t fit all of their thoughts and ideas into such a brief size!
You might have outstanding ideas, unique style and lots of arguments to prove your point of view but if you can’t fit into the requirements, you can’t expect getting a high grade. In most of the cases it takes more time to rewrite a paper than to create it anew. Do you really want to waste so much time?
If you don’t want to write tens of drafts, have limited time or simply want to make sure you get an excellent grade, we are happy to offer you the best writing assistance online! Just place your order and we will deliver a plagiarism-free essay according to your demands. Our professional academic writers know how to make you happy!